We all need a bit of time to ourselves or with those we love to just sit back and unwind. Making time to relax is so important and many people don’t have this high on their to do list.
Here are 5 things you can fit into your day to help you to switch off from the stresses and strains of everyday life.
- Number 1: Pick up a book, something you like the cover of or that you read the back of and think “yep that sounds good”. I often advise clients to dip into something fiction where they can lie back and build a fantasy world in their heads. This gives you time away from what is going on in your own life.
- Number 2: Listen to a podcast. There are so many podcasts out there now about everything and anything. Comedy, factual, crime, baking, you name it, it’s there somewhere. Plug in and listen to something you enjoy.
- Number 3: Go for a walk. I mention walking all the time and it is because it is good for you. Whether you go alone or hand in hand with your loved on, walking gets your muscles moving but also relaxes you after a hard day.
- Number 4: Play a game, something silly that will make you forget about the worries you have going on. Something simple like dominoes or cards can help to calm your thoughts down.
- Number 5: Have a pamper, whatever makes you feel good. For some people that’s a soak in a hot bubble bath, for others it’s having their hair done or painting their toe nails. Some people choose to paint or to cook, do what feels nice for you. This is your time.